Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, July 18, 2008

Newtown Neurotics - When The Oil Runs Out

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ok, i'm on a roll, and i'm starting to find it irksome. I'm with Nuzz and Highlander on this. I'm all for responsibility for your actions. It's a laudable thing. But when it becomes 'Our Fault' for the shit we're staring into. Because, 'We throw away too much food? 'Handy hints to save fuel','Don't drive with you windows open', 'make sure your tyres are at the right pressure'.
Bio-fuels are now a no go because they 'put up the price of food'
Whats the cost of running an oil pipeline across most of Arabia? I'm sure you could irrigate most of the Sahara for a fraction.
The old add age was 'You need a good war to get you out of a recession' patently, two shit ones have taken us straight into one.
I used to have a tape when I was a kid with the first Newtown Neurotics album on one side & Youth Brigade's 'Sound & Fury' on the other. I played that tape to death. Find both.

Newtown Neurotics - When The Oil Runs Out

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a busted up gas station that I used to pass on my commute to and from my last job and every SINGLE TIME I PASSED BY IT I thought of this song and sleeve. Thank God I can get to work by bike or foot now, lucky man I am. Good to see you back John.

Much respect for Youth Brigade plug as well.

Cheers, Sascha

4:03 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Nice to see you too Sascha!
Yeah, they were my twin gods at the time Newtown Neurotics and Youth Brigade. Just keep flipping the tape! I kinda of miss cassettes. I'd spend hours on mix tapes. The mix CD just ain't the same. Drag & drop, instead of hours of cueing ad getting the levels just right. Guess i'm just a bit of luddite.
J

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home