Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, October 10, 2008

Leyton Buzzards - I'm Hanging Around

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Great single from 1979. Always nice to hear Mr. Peel's voice as well. Before 'Art School' we get to hear his dulcet tones.
They should make it onto most of the 'Now That's What I Call Punk' comps if you ask me. But what do I know. 'Flying Pigs' on this I think is fantastic. Make of it what you will.
Safe to say, if you like stuff from late 70's, Clash, Generation X, (early) Adam & the Ants, John Otway (anyone!) you'll love this.
Worth a spin. I swear.

Tracks:- Hanging Around/I Don't Want To Go To Art School/No Dry Ice Or Flying Pigs

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Leyton Buzzards - I'm Hanging Around

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent single. Haven't heard this for donkeys.......since I was 19 and Mad! Cheers Mate

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they were good, and very much alocal band for me...............rather sed though that certain of their members went on to become Modern Romance..... Salsa anyone?

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, I know nothing about them except that in Dave Widgery's RAR account "Beating Time" the singer is praised for facing down NF skins and talking them out of violence at gigs.

Alright John, I have a HUGE interview with both Gaz and Kid from legendary mackem punk band RED LONDON. The site that was gonna carry it originally decided not to for various reasons. So it's gathering dust on my computer. I have graphics, intro, the whole shooting match. I'd be honored if you wanted to run it. Either way, drop me a holler at blagamuffin69@yahoo.com

Cheers, Sascha

5:59 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Anon 1: No probs. Cheers for comment. 19 and mad is a great single as well.

Anon 2: Shall we just pretend Modern Romace never happened, along with latter Ultravox, Caberet Voltaire & a load of other good bands that went up their own arses! Cheers for comment. :)

Sascha,
never seen 'Beating Time'. I'll have to track it down.
The other stuff you know about now :)
J

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home