Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Poison Idea : Live On KBOO 10/09/91

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Free seven inch, given away with first pressings of Blank, Blackout, Vacant LP. Couple of great live session versions of Poison Idea classics, recorded for the Portland radio station KBOO.

"I heard your story and i saw your headline
The details put a chill down my spine
you try to call me, from a long distance phone
I'm out on the dancefloor baby, standing..
I'm standing all alone!"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Poison Idea - Alan's On Fire
Poison Idea - Feel The Darkness

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!
I had no idea this existed!
Tom "Pig Champion" Roberts was at one time a KBOO volunteer programmer, playing lots of great hardcore music from all over the world. I listened to him for several months before I realized who he was. He even would make derogatory remarks about PI, calling them 'over-rated and over-priced'. Imagine my surprise when I attended my first PI show and the man with a familiar voice emerged from a battered stationwagon carrying a guitar and took the stage with them.
See ya, Tom.

8:33 PM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Ha! Nice story man. They were fine figures of men were'nt they. Hey, thanks for the fall & other stuff over at yours.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

P.I is / was my alltime favves when it comes to the American bands. They played in London 7 times or more during the time I have lived here, I came as close to standing outside trying to haggle down the price of £8 to £5 to get in, but obviously deciding to go off elsewhere, another time I was at the show and saw support act and then had to go somewhere to pick up someone or something and came back and had missed the band, all in all I probably tried to see P.I 4 or 5 times!

Thanks for this, think I may have it from some old P2P thing but best garb this as its fucking POISON IDEA for godsake i.e. priceless and not to be missed ha ha ha!!!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger John Liedown said...

Slob,
to miss them once was careless. But 4 or 5 times? You've gotta ease up on the crack. Serious. I'm starting to worry about you.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home