Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Steve Ignorant

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Like my Ian Mackaye post, here's my obligatory Crass/Steve Ignorant post. Crass were (still are) such a massive influence. I first heard them when my older cousin "Sid" Ryan said I might like them cos they sounded a bit like Sham 69 (I was a massive Sham fan at the time who were at their peak). Banned From the Roxy, too Punk for a Punk club!I Loved them. I used to draw that snake logo everywhere. This is the original "Rival Tribal" which came as a free flexi with Toxic Graffity zine.
After Crass Steve joined Conflict, then formed Schwartzeneggar (sic) which was a short-lived collaboration with members of Thatcher On Acid that playdout itself out over three years in the early 90's. The post is their first 7 inch from 1992 on Rugger Bugger. Steve later formed The Stratford Mercenaries.
He is also a sculptor & a Punch and Judy performer using the name Professor Ignorant. I would so love him to do my kids party. Top bloke go listen.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Crass - Rival Tribal, Rebel Revel

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Schwartzeneggar - Goodbye To All That
Schwartzeneggar - Child Of The Times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home