Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, November 04, 2006

New Model Army

Robert Heaton
06.07.61 - 04.11.04
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's two years today since New Model Army drummer Rob Heaton died. New Model Army were the only band I would actively follow around in my younger days, and are probably for me the best live act i've ever seen. Rob in particular was a personal hero & I would copy his hair & clothes, though never quite managed to drum like him (some bloody chance). The clip below was from the Tube & I would repeatedly watch it on the VHS I'd taped, it was a personal epiphany. Thank you Rob.


New Model Army - Smalltown England (Live)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it sucks that he died. i love n.m.a. one of my faves. i had "thunder and consolation" in my roomates car and left it there so id have something to listen to when i borrowed it.. cranking up "stupid questions" really loud drivin down the street,people staring wondering whos that awesome band...

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way i like your site alot,its one of the best ive come across in a long time. awesome bands,great write ups,and just cool shit overall. thanx for making something really cool. my site is

13cigarettenight.blogspot.com

alright then...cheers.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Milla said...

You people coming tomorrow to the gig at the Astoria? I am very much looking forward to throwing my arms in the air, hands opened, fingers stretched.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home